• 1½ cups rolled oats, toasted and ground
into a course meal
• 1 cup whole raw organic almonds,
toasted and chopped
• 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup vegan chocolate or carob chips
• ½ cup safflower oil
• ¼ cup Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil two baking sheets.
2. Put oats, flour, salt and baking soda into large mixing bowl and mix well. Add ground almonds and chips and mix.
3. Combine oil, syrup and vanilla in bowl and whisk. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until flour is moistened.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto oiled baking sheets about 1½ inches apart. Flatten with water moistened spoon. to about 1/3 inch thick.
5. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. Transfer onto wire cooling racks, cool and enjoy!
Makes 24 Cookies